Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Final Cake

So, this cake was a huge problem cake. I tried to make my own fondant but it wouldn't lay down on the cake without breaking. I tried to make a topsy turvy cake but I had issues cutting the 10 inch round cake and it fell apart. So here are some good angles.

The flowers are morning glories. They were really the inspiration for the cake. I really loved these flowers in the book so I had to fin the color they used and figure out a way to show case them. As some of you know I really want to decorate my downstairs with this blue on the walls and then brown accents. Since I don't have a brown couch I decided to do my cake colors instead.
This is the side view. You can't even tell that it is topsy turvy. Oh well, live and learn. By the way a week later and two dinner parties later we still have 1/2 of the bottom layer of the cake.

1 comments:

THE ORMES said...

Well I'm definitely amazed. Some Duncan Hines frosting is about as good as I get. You really do an awesome job!!!