Last night was our Ward Christmas Party. Yes I am still on the Activities committee. Joe no longer is. Well, since our ward got split we didn't have a large budget for our party so it became a chili cook off. It was fun. Learned some things though. If you are going to do a Chili cook off and want everyone to taste all the chilis then you need to spread the chili out through out the gym. That way there doesn't have to be one line but you can go to individual tables.
So dinner was good. I made cornbread. I ran out of vegetable oil and used canola oil. Umm no it doesn't taste the same.
After the meal the young women helped the primary kids make little Christmas decorations. Robert didn't want to so no picture. I guess one of the children got out and pulled the fire alarm. Someone said we all had to leave the building. So here we are standing outside.
Don't worry we were not without entertainment. One of the Sister Missionaries had her violin and started playing Christmas music. I couldn't get in and since I am short I couldn't get a very good picture but you get the point.
We shortened our program since we had 30 min of standing outside. It was an exciting evening though. Here are some pictures of my very cute boys. I wanted to get a picture with the boys by these trees at the party but it was on the stage and so between me having to help hold Aaron and Robert trying to get Aaron to look at the camera this is as good as it gets.
I decided to take pictures of the boys in front of our "fireplace". We don't have a fireplace and so I had Joe make us one last year. I just wanted a poster drawing that we could hang the stockings from. My mom made a fireplace quilt for us growing up and so she said she would try to make us one but not by last year. Joe made this so we will keep using it until it gets destroyed. You can't see but there are red lights within the fire tissue so it blinks.
Here is the boys falling. Robert loves to hold baby brother and fall backwards. Don't you love being able to dress up your kids.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Ward Christmas Party
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
How cute is that little Santa suit!! Great pics and I think the fire place is perfect:)
Post a Comment