Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie

Monday, December 10, 2007

Joe and I part III

Joe comes home from Canada and Valerie planed a blind date. Well Joe’s roommate tells Joe about how Valerie and I were best friends now and so Joe suspected it was me. Finally, the beginning of August we went on our first date. It was fun. We went to dinner at TGI Fridays. I was still my shy self and so I was glad Valerie was there with her date. Joe on the other hand was thinking that I would never look at him and talk to him. Ahh, the consequences of being the baby of a large family. After TGI Fridays we went to Walmart and played a color game. The way you play this is to pick a color and find everything you can in a certain time limit. Then after the time the two teams meet, you switch baskets and see who can return all the products the fastest. I know it sounds weird but it is really funny. Joe and I lost. The last part of the date was a movie. We saw The Others. I think Joe and the other guy screamed more than Valerie and I. After this long date I still didn’t hear from him for a while.

A while later, Joe called me from work. We talked for a very long time about everything, our family similarities, our aspirations, friends, his mission and so much more. Considering that neither Joe nor I are phone talkers this was a big thing. I thought after this that things would progress but Joe still thought I was too shy and quiet.

Valerie being the great matchmaker that she was wouldn’t let it end there. She invited both Joe and I over to her apartment for a luau that the apartment we doing before we went to a church dance. We got there too late for any good food but Valerie won a gift certificate to Texas Land and Cattle, so we went to eat dinner.

Dinner was interesting. I being my shy self started to come out of my shell but still had issues looking Joe in his eyes. I didn’t think it was obvious but both Val and Joe told me later that it was. We all laughed a lot. Valerie introduced us to one of her favorite sayings. We were eating and she dropped her food on the floor and burst out with “suicide.” Oh my goodness, I thought I would pee my pants. You probably had to be there but it was so funny.

After dinner we proceeded to the church dance. Joe and I danced a few songs. That is the first time that Joe told me he thought I had beautiful blue eyes. I thought I would melt there. It was a fun dance.

Now for sure you would think Joe would ask me out on a date. But the brat still took a while.

4 comments:

Bertie said...

Cute! How fun:) Can't wait for Part 4!!

Venus said...

OMG! I just love reading these! Since I was there it is a nice memory...we had so much fun! I miss you guys!

Bertie said...

Hi Kaylynne! I was just checking to see if you had anything new- and I LOVE how you still have your Christmas countdown up! 355 more day:) You should leave it up ALL year this time around:)

LNLisa said...

Hey! Where's the next update???? Where's the cool story about your wonderful, fabulous, amazing sisters who housed and fed you for a week...well, housed and fed when certain sisters were not puking their guts out. Still!

I'M GETTING ANGRY!

;) *Hugs!*