Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Joe and I Part IV

Okay I will come out of hiding. Really I am just too lazy to get my camera and up load photos. Oh and the fact that my lap top battery is acting funny so I don't always have a long time before it has to recharge. But I will make another addition to Joe and I to keep the crazy fans happy.

So, we left off with Joe telling me I had beautiful blue eyes at a church dance. I thought for sure he was going to ask me out.

Finally, Joe asked me on a date. He later told me that this was the make it or break it date, if I didn’t come out more than he would stop trying. Man I am glad I didn’t know that then, so much pressure. We were supposed to go on a picnic and then ice cream.

Joe showed up prompt with a single red rose. He was told to never show up on a date without flowers. I still have that rose.

We started at HEB to buy the food for the picnic. This was when Joe learned how picky I really was about my food. For the picnic we went to this park that was almost completely empty. We made our sandwiches and began to eat. While we were eating something was eating us. We were being devoured by mosquitoes. We ate as fast as we could and ran for our lives before we needed blood transfusions. We went to Baskin Robbins to have ice cream. We continued to talk about everything. Since it was still early we went to Barnes and Noble and did our first couple scripture study. Over all I think this date lasted about 1 ½ - 2 hours.
We get back to my apartment and I am thinking “what happens now”. Sadly, this was my first date since living in an apartment. Before I lived in the Dorms and it wasn’t quite as awkward walking to the Dorm doors as opposed to my room. So I didn’t know what Joe expected. I wasn’t even sure if he was going to walk me to my door or just my stair well. I knew I wasn’t comfortable with him coming inside but he had a truck and so I could always get drinks and sit in the bed of his truck. I decided to follow his lead. He walked me to the door and then gave me a quick hug good bye.

NO KISS!!! Not even on the cheek.

That was it, our date was over. I called Val and told her all about it.

To be continued...

I promise to add a post tomorrow with all our Holiday festivities.

0 comments: