Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Joe and I Part V

This is how the beginnings of our relationship went. One step forward and then nothing for a while and then one step backward, then forward, then nothing. Do you see the pattern? I remember thinking how much I dislike the beginnings of relationships. All the unknown of how the other person feels. Do you have stronger feelings then they do? Are your feelings unfounded?

Here was a step back moment. I thought that Joe finally asked me out on a date on his own and it went okay but with no kiss. It was Labor Day weekend aka Valerie’s Birthday. We planned a little party for her at her apartment. She was interested in someone and he asked her out for a date for her birthday present with a bouquet of flowers. Turns out it was going to be a double date. I didn’t know this. The whole night I was trying to throw hints Joe’s way to get him to ask me out again but it wasn’t working. The party ended and I was confused and sad.

When everyone left Valerie told me about the double date plans. It was going to be her and her date and Joe and another girl. I was so upset. The nerve of him to ask another girl out after our date for a double date with my best friend. Later I found out he had asked her out before our date and being the good guy that he was he couldn’t cancel it but still.

I decided he wasn’t as interested in me as I was in him. Then he kept showing attention to me at functions and he hung out with Val and me. So, I really didn’t know what to think. Then a day we will all remember happened. 9/11

1 comments:

Bertie said...

You really like to keep us in anticipation, huh!? :)