Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Apple Picking

Last weekend we went to Medina, TX at Love Creek Orchards to do some apple picking. It was fun. It is always interesting to go to small towns. I just thought I would share some pictures of the apple picking.

Aaron tried to help but he more picked yuck apples off the ground. I think we might have placed this apple in his hand just so we could get a picture. And by we I mean me.

Here is a big tree Robert found and wanted to play in so I made them pose for a picture. They aren't very good at the posing part.

Here comes Aaron to help again. Robert was really good at checking the apple to make sure it was the right color and there weren't any worm holes. He was almost too picky.


Joe and Robert picking apples.
This is the scenery. This place is actually were we went last year for the pumpkin patch. I think they grow a lot of different things besides apples and pumpkins. The people helping were old men. I thought this is the life for a retired couple. You get to garden a little for fun but don't have to worry about picking the food because you just charge people to come do it for you. So you get to do your hobby and charge people to do it too. I think it is a great plan.

After the apple picking we went to our neighbors son's first birthday. This is a picture of Robert and there middle son jumping on the trampoline. No this isn't their one year old. Him and Robert are actually only a few months apart and will go to school together in a year. (sorry for that teacher if they are in the same class).

Then Sunday I made apple butter from the apples. For those who like me have never had (to their knowledge) apple butter before it is not butter. It is more like jam. No dairy involved. I don't know why it is called apple butter and not apple jam. Can someone educate me? It is good though and made my house smell so good when we came home from church. So, we went picking and I learned how to can all in one weekend.

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm so sad, they bulldozed the orchards that were by our house. We used to get permission and pick the leftovers after the owners had harvested.

Looks like a fun day with your kids!