Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hurricane Ike

I don't have any pictures but I know with Hurricane Ike people might be wondering how my family faired so I thought I would do a pictureless post. I know extended family reads this so I will post about everyone's status.

Mom: Evacuated to here in San Antonio from Friday to Tuesday. House is okay. It lost power and a few shingles but is still habitable. She finally got power Wednesday Afternoon. She says it was okay without power because the weather has been so cool that it wasn't as unbearable without AC.

M&M: I don't even know if Austin got spit on. So they are okay. Mike went bird hunting in the path of the storm from what I understand. He is back in Austin though.

D&C: D decided to have some kind of engine block lift fall on him Friday morning while everyone was worrying about Hurricane Ike. He is bruised but okay. I guess he just couldn't be left out of the drama. It got windy there but not too bad.

S: evacuated to a friends house who had a generator. He is doing good but I haven't heard how his apartment faired.

L: She came here to SA from Friday to Tuesday. Her and J's house did good. They had power when L got back there on Wednesday morning. School is okay but without power so no work this week.

D&S: I believe they lost a small tree, shingles, and fence posts but never lost power. A little stir crazy but doing okay. D is back at work.

J: She was here in SA from Thursday to Wednesday. House is good and I believe is off work the rest of the week. Her office building's basement flooded but that is all they know so far. I believe Tuesday late afternoon was the first time they let people on the island where her office is.

Me: It rained for all of 5 seconds here in SA. It was fun having a houseful of Aunties and grandma to entertain the boys so I was not the sole source of entertainment. I am also sad that Aunt J took her Wii back and so now Robert is back to being to rough with Aaron.

Oh, while we didn't have storm damage we had other problems. The day everyone got here Joe's computer crashed so I was without a computer all weekend. Then all weekend our DVR would randomly reboot. Finally yesterday I took it to get a new one. So now I am back with a computer and our DVR. Sadly, we lost some saved movies such as Cars, Underdog, and Xmen 3 as well as Robert's staple cartoons. It was all great (said very sarcastically) timing. We spent most of the weekend watching news or Eureka (blame Lisa) or playing Wii. So I hadn't had time to catch up on my weekend shows. Ah well, now we have a new DVR with a new remote and we can actually see the writing on the buttons since the other buttons writing had all been rubbed off. But yes I did forget to take the batteries out of the old remote. :(

So that is our Hurricane Update.

1 comments:

Michelle Cox said...

Glad to know your family was safe and didn't have much damage to their houses! I was thinking about everyone with Houston connections. Melissa Seager moved to Pearland and I haven't heard anything from them, so I'm not sure where they went and how things are! I'm coming to San Antonio next time, too! Your house sounded busy, so I'll show up on someone else's doorstep! ;) It was a little too scary for me!!