Forewarning: This is a long post. Sorry it has been a fun month. Also, these pictures aren't necessarily in a proper time line order.
We had a fun October. To start with Robert started going to this playgroup with other kids at church. It is 6 kids total, Robert being the oldest. The moms take turns hosting it so 5 out of 6 weeks someone else is taking care of Robert for 2 1/2 hours every Wednesday. I laugh because Robert does really good entertaining himself so I can do whatever when Aaron is asleep. He also travels better so I can run errands with him. Really what I need is for Aaron to go to a playgroup so then I really will have free time.
Anyways, I got to host the week of Halloween. The kids decorated cupcakes and made these skeleton masks. I have to say that Micheal's really has some fun crafts and if you are like me and procrastinate to buy anything until the week of the holiday you get great deals. I also borrowed our neighbors bounce house and so the boys had fun and Aaron slept.We also went to Sea World a couple times. We went to the spooky forest and Robert about peed his pants he was so scared by the webbed people. I also let the boys feed the Sea Lions. I have to say it is more fun to feed the sea lions. It is cheaper and they get more excited. I never am coordinated enough to feed the dolphins and touch them so it is fun watching the Sea Lions.
Oh this is actually from my birthday. It was my attempt at a birthday cake. A big lesson in trial and error.
I bought the boys the cocoa crispie haunted house kit from Target. Robert had fun decorating them. Unfortunately, I didn't pay enough attention to the directions and let the crispie cool and so the candy didn't stick as well.
Joe and Robert carved a small pumpkin. This year Joseph had Robert draw the face on the pumpkin and Joseph just carved where Robert drew for the most part. I think the mouth is all Joe but the crooked nose is Robert.
Our church had a fun activity called Taster's Table where we all brought a ghoulish treat and are supposed to turn in the recipes. Well, someone stole my sugar cookie idea and I drew a blank on ghoulish treats even though I did all that for Robert's 4th birthday. So I made rice crispie treats and shaped it into a pumpkin. By the way, much harder to color dye the marshmallow and rice crispies enough to make the color noticeable then you would think.
We also had the Ward Trunk or Treat. Joe was sick that night so I was on my own, hence the minimal pictures. You try taking pictures while chasing a 4 year and 18 month old and making both said boys wait in lines. I made cupcakes for the cupcake walk. These were soooooo easy. I was super excited to see the idea. The originals that I saw used gummy eyes but I couldn't find any.Here is the before mentioned 18 month old stealing piglets yellow balloon. Luckily there was another balloon right around the corner. This is what happens when I let him go to take a picture. The big meanie.
While Aaron was stealing piglets balloon Robert played pin the nose on the pumpkin. He also fished and got a snack, threw darts at balloons, threw a ball into a hole and went pumpkin bowling but I didn't get any good pictures of those because of the before mentioned meanie who was stealing kids balloons.
Here is my strong Iron Man. Our neighbor took his picture with her boys and he made a great mean face but by this point he was over it.
Here are the terrors in their costumes. Aaron's is a little big since it was a 3T but it went better with Ironman then our 2T scarecrow costume.
We did take the boys trick or treating on Halloween. Aaron just went up and back down our cul-de-sac and then stayed home with Mommy to hand out candy to the trick or treaters. Joe took Robert to the other streets and got more candy. Joe said he had to threaten Robert with taking away his candy if Robert didn't say "Trick-or Treat" at the doors and then "Thank you". It worked.
I made cookies for the church Super Saturday the next day while waiting for trick -or -treaters. I was making the cookies and looked over and saw this little Spider man. He wasn't asleep he was just playing with his cars but it was too cute to miss.So that was our fun and crazy October. Robert loves to dress up so he is still wearing his Ironman costume.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
October 2008
Posted by
Kaylynne
at
6:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
What a fun month! I always love the start of October because it means it is the beginning to what is to come-- a GREAT holiday season:)
Post a Comment