Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

San Antonio Zoo

This year we decided to go ahead and get zoo passes. They have a fun kids area with a little beach and water. On the sand they have these fake big turtles that Aaron loved to climb on.

Then there was this turtle. We all totally thought it was fake too since it was so huge. But no it is real. It never moved (another reason we doubted it's aliveness) the whole time.

We saw bears and the boys, especially Aaron, enjoyed growling at the bears. It was a fairly cold day and so a lot of the animals were hiding in small areas to keep warm so not very many picture opportunities. I did get pooped on by a bird after I said I did not want to go into the Lorakeet area because I don't like birds flying around me.

Of course we had to finish off with the train ride. It was a twenty minute train ride so it made it a little more fun. Before we got on the train though, our trouble maker aka Aaron decided he didn't want to wait and snuck on with out Joe seeing while I was putting away the stroller. We looked and looked and couldn't find him when finally Joe found Aaron sitting on the train waiting to go. It was still a fun day and we will probably spend many more days at the zoo.

0 comments: