Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie

Monday, March 31, 2008

Beach

I promised I would write about some of our doings the week before Easter. Well we decided to take advantage of being so close to the Coast and go to Galveston to the Beach. It was to cold to really enjoy the beach but there wasn't seaweed which is Roberts arch enemy so it was fun. I tried to take a bunch of pictures but when there are two adults and two kids each adult is responsible for a kid and so one can't take the back seat and take pictures.

Robert enjoyed the whole thing. He loved jumping the waves and went right in there. He loved playing in the sand and making a mess of himself.

Aaron didn't really know what to think about the beach. The sand was all pretty hard and so it was good for him to be able to crawl around. We didn't have to worry so much about him trying to eat soft sand. He was covered in sand though.
This is my brave child running ahead of me.
Aaron did not enjoy the water. I don't know if it was because it was cold or the fact that it would get higher. He didn't enjoy his baths for a while after this. I probably made it worse by trying to take pictures even though he was crying.


This is my sister helping the boys build a sand castle. Robert loves to dig so he was in heaven digging in the sand.
And of course, Robert has to make sure baby brother doesn't get into trouble.
Ahh, there is the happy baby. Maybe it is because he is all dirty.
After the beach we went and rode the ferry. I was hoping Robert would see more dolphins but Robert needs someone to hold him to see over the railing and he is heavy so my sister and I could only hold him for a little while. It was also late in the afternoon and so both boys were ready to sleep. That was our day at the beach. We will have to go again when it is warmer.

3 comments:

Katie said...

How fun, I want to go to the beach. How far away is Galveston from Dallas? Your boys are dang cute.

Kaylynne said...

Katie - I would guess 6 hours. I think it is a 5 hour drive to Houston and then about another hour to Galveston. Sorry you live in the big state where it takes a day to get out.

Michelle Cox said...

Neal is aching to have a little vacation from stressful life (Italy will be work for him, not much of a vacation) so I suggested Galveston but he said he'd heard the beaches weren't any good. Your pictures look great and I think it looks fun! Is there a particular area or beach you would recommend?? I think we'd try to camp, too, since it would be a 3 hour drive.