Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Aaron's first Urgent Care (hospital ) visit

Aaron had his first urgent care visit. Luckily we just barely got there before it closed so we didn't have to go to the hospital and wait forever. He fell off our glider/rocking chair. I think he hit his head on the glider part at the bottom. Anyways, I was sure you would all want to see his cool owie right away. It was way deep.

He is such a tough boy. Once I got the blood to stop flowing down his face (nice visual) and stopped touching the area he stopped crying. He was so tired and just wanted to rub his eyes which would make it bleed again so he didn't like being restrained but for the most part he didn't cry much.
He hated having this on his head. It is a little cotton ball with Lidocaine (topical pain reliever) to numb the area. He hated having the tape on his face and especially his nose. So the time it took to numb it was the hardest because Joe had to really hold his hands down.
He still played with the toys though. Until the urge to tear the tape of was overwhelming for him and Joe had to restrain him back to the table.
He got a cool Nemo band aid. The wound was pretty straight and so they just glued it back together. I didn't take a picture of the glue before I put a band aid on it and we aren't supposed to take the band aid off. It is all supposed to just fall of in its own time.

Joe is worried about the scar. He thinks the kids will call him cyclops or that Aaron will never be able to be on TV because of his scar on his head. I am worried about how I have to make sure Aaron doesn't rip off that band aid with the glue for at least the next 10 days.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Poor boy! Good luck trying to keep him from tearing the band aid off.

Unknown said...

We had basically this same visit two weeks ago! Ours ended up with stitches, though. And I never was able to keep her from pulling a bandaid off it (hers was down between her eyes a little more, so the bandaid had to go up and down insstead of side to side. In fact, she popped two of the three stitches before they were taken out 4.5 days later. Good luck! And after everything comes off, sunscreen and Mederma are our friends (for scar prevention).

Bertie said...

Ouch!! That looks like it hurts! What a brave boy and calm mother- I think I would have been going crazy!:)

LNLisa said...

I don't know if you remember, but I have a scar just a little higher on my forehead from when Steven ran over me with the rocking chair when I was about five. The scar is almost invisible now, and I can happily say that no one ever made fun of me for it, not even Steve, so I think Aaron will be okay.

I hope he was good the morning after. That's when things really start to hurt. *Hugs!* to you both!