So, keeping with my tradition of waiting for ever to post about Holidays, here is Easter. I uploaded the pictures backwards and don't feel like changing it so bare with me. We ended with dinner at our friends house. It was a lot of fun. I got to make rolls and the cake. Both recipes are from Pioneer woman and both were super good.
For about a month or two before Easter Robert was wanting this game for our Wii. I had told him that if he was good maybe the Easter bunny would get it for him. Because of this I thought it would be a bad idea to make him wait until after church to get his basket and do our family Easter egg hunt. So I hid the plastic eggs the night before and put the baby gate at the top of the stairs. Then I woke up early to hide the decorated eggs too. It ended up being a lot of eggs. Aaron got real into it.
Robert had fun for a while but he wanted to play his game and so was done when his basket was full.
Robert's lack of interest made it easier for Aaron because there was no competition.
With little kids I had to hide them pretty obviously so Robert was so excited to walk down the stairs and automatically see some eggs. His basket was against the wall he is leaning on so he didn't see it yet. It took him a while to realize he got his game but he was so excited and has played it as much as possible since then. I used to not have to put a timer on things because his natural lack of a long attention span would have him hop from one activity to the next but now I am having to limit his Wii time.
The night before while I was making the rolls and cake and Aaron was in bed Joe and Robert decorated the eggs. Joe had fun trying to get me to take the perfect picture.
Joe: " Stand over Robert's shoulder and I will put my head down so you can see us both." Here you go honey.
Joe: "Use both of us as the frames for the picture" Robert really likes to make silly faces now.
Earlier in the week we had an Easter egg hunt at the park with his friends. It was a little cold that day.
Aaron cheated and started before everyone.
And, Robert didn't want to stop playing and wait and so he started later but he still got his eggs. Overall, it was a fun holiday.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Easter - finally
Posted by
Kaylynne
at
8:38 AM
Labels: Aaron, Cake Decorating, Robert
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment