Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Beach Day

This weekend we went to Houston to visit my family for my mom and sister's birthday. We spent Saturday at Galveston. I think this was Robert's favorite trip to the beach. His first experience had too much sea weed and his other experience it was too cold. How sad that he has only been to the beach twice and my parents live 45 min from it. Here are some fun pictures.

I always forget to get my camera out when we first get there so I don't get Aaron's excitement. Besides the fact that he only slept 4 hours the night before. My children don't travel well.

Anyways, Aaron had lots of fun sitting in the water with mommy and having the waves crash on him. He also enjoyed that he could walk along the sand but we didn't have sandals for him and so if he got to far from the hard sand it would get to hot.

In this Picture Robert is trying to help Aaron go back to not so hot sand.
Here is Aaron sitting in the waves. He is so tired.
Robert got to go out deep on the boogie board with daddy. He is pretty timid though so he preferred to play in the more shallow water. His favorite thing to do is jump the waves.

Like I said, it was my mom and sister's birthday. So I made them a cake. It didn't travel well at all. The sides all melted and slide down to their death. I was smart though and took pictures before we left. I went a little crazy with the icing because I had a lot in my fridge from the cake decorating classes. I made little faces of my whole family. I am not an artist but I thought it was a fun idea.
I hope everyone had a great weekend and fabulous Father's Day.

1 comments:

Shanda said...

Super cute cake! It turned out awesome! You'll have to teach me how to do the faces. Looks like you guys had a great time at the beach! Have fun at cake class this week without me...just think you'll have the whole table to yourself. :)