Joseph's company had a Schlitterbahn day so we got to go for free on Saturday. It started out rather crazy and chaotic. We had to park at fair grounds and then there was two lines of people. One going to the bus and the other getting tickets. Well, we had tickets we just didn't have wristbands that let you go in and out since in reality it is two parks. There was no one or sign there saying we had to wait in the line for tickets but luckily I asked and it got figured out. An hour later we get to the East park which is the newer rides or not river water rides. I enjoy the river water rides better besides we intended for Robert to ride them too. Little did I know that it was 11:30 and the lunch was at the park we got dropped off at. So, we got on a different bus to take us to the other park to put our stuff in lockers. When we get there we discovered that we needed to get to the first park for lunch. So we go back. We eat and then finally the boys get to play in the kids park. We go around a lazy river and decide to go to the wave pool with the other lazy river. Joe takes Aaron to a kid area and I take Robert in the lazy river. We go around once and all is good. The second time though we come around the corner where the wave is made at just the right time and Robert's tube flips over. I grab his life vest and push him up until we get far enough away from the waves that I have more control standing. He in now traumatized from being in tubes and I have this beautiful finger. You can't really see the bruising too well but it hurt. I think I pulled something. So my middle. ring and pinky finger are all taped together. Which incidentally, makes it very hard to type. After that we went back to the other park where Joe's glucose tester was and I went to first aid. By then it was 3 pm so Joe and I were ready to call it a day with enough injuries and trauma (Robert got a blister on his foot from new shoes we bought for him to wear in the water). We were nice to the kids though and took them to another kiddie area for a little while (there are 7 kiddie areas). No tube rides for us. So it was a long day, fun for the kids but not so much for the adults. Luckily we also got coupons that are pretty close to 50% off admission. So, Joe and I figure we will find a babysitter next time and we will just go without kids. That was our weekend. If you want to feel what I feel think of how you would manage having your dominate hand mostly taped up and sharp pains when you move it wrong or try to lift squirmy children.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Schlitterbahn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I ordered my copy of Breaking Dawn from Amazon, so I guess that makes me officially a groupie? How about you?
What are y'all planning to do for the Fourth of July? Julie says she's received lots of phone calls yesterday about what to do. I think you should do a post about how communication works/doesn't work in our family. I'm sure there is something amusing in that.
O U C H!!
Post a Comment