I am bored and so I am writing this long blog entry because I know we aren't doing anything exciting that will elicit pictures anytime soon. Our sea world season passes have expired so I won't even have Sea World stories.
So, the Monday after Christmas, my family came to visit. This included my sister, mom, grandma, grandpa, Uncle, and three nieces. I had been working like a madwomen to get the house clean and didn't achieve the cleanliness I desired so instead I just tried to keep everyone out of my house. So we took everyone to the Alamo and Riverwalk on Monday since my Uncle has never been to San Antonio. The kids did remarkably well. Aaron hates being stuck in a stroller when his brother is walking but he did good as long as we kept moving. That night we ate at Mamacitas. I love that place for the guacamole dip alone. I should just realize that is what I am going to eat and just get one taco so I am not a total mooch. It was a late dinner so everyone promptly went to sleep when we got back to the house. (some slept at a hotel). The next day we tried out the new park by our house. It is pretty cool. The ground is like tire shreds but they are all glued together or something so it is one piece. Yay for nothing for the kids to throw at each other. Who ever thought of it deserves a raise. After the park they all went back to Houston. So, I kept them out of the house so no one noticed how dusty everything was.
For New Years we just stayed home. This is the first year since I have moved to San Antonio that Mountain Ceder has affected me. I was sneezing all week and my eyes were just facets. So, I shut the doors, windows and anything else and stayed in my nice hypoallergenic filtered air house. Finally, by Friday I could venture out but the boys still have the sniffles.
Saturday morning our primary did a "Meet your Teacher" breakfast. Since I am now the CTR 5 teacher and Robert is in primary I had to go. It was fun. Then that afternoon we went to a babyshower for one of Joe's coworkers. It is always different going to non LDS baby showers because it seems like all our LDS friends are here for school or military or something and so they don't have family around. Going to a shower were Aunts, Uncles, Grandmas, Grandpas, Cousins and any other relative you can think of is there is always a fun change.
Sunday was my first day as a Primary Teacher. Yes I have been married for 7 years and am just now getting a primary calling. Well, I was Nursery Leader for the past 6 months but now I actually go to sharing time. As mentioned I am in charge of the 4 turning 5 year olds. So, I have 45 minutes alone with them. Yay my lesson was 5 seconds. Luckily I had lots of pictures for them to color and then we played red light green light until parents came. So, now I need to find a way to keep them engaged in a lesson for longer. It was okay though. They did pretty good sitting in their chairs but they are a bunch of talkers.
So now that I have totally bored you and it is time to get Robert ready for school, Laters.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Bored So...
Posted by
Kaylynne
at
11:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Lisa and I have Jenga blocks for the sunbeams. Also, Lisa got the Paper Doll cartridge for my cricut, so I think I will make paper doll story figures. Let me know if you want some.
I say try painting if you're bored. ha ha ha.
Post a Comment