Another blogger I keep up with is telling her story of how she met her husband, there dating, and up to their marriage. I thought this would be a fun way to remember the early years before the “fun” of parenthood. It was almost 6 years a go so a lot is reminicent or most is that. I don't remember conversations. So here we go.
The first time we met was at a church dance. I had just moved back to San Antonio after going home to Houston for the summer. My friends from Houston decided to come up to San Antonio to the weekend and so we thought it would be fun to go to the dance. I was having fun with my friends when a Salsa song came on. My friends both Hispanic went to dance together since they can both salsa much better than I can even pretend. So I am standing by myself wishing more of my friends came up so I would have someone to dance with too. Next thing I know some tall, dark haired guy with glasses that covered half his face and reminded me of my dad’s asked me to dance. The whole time during the dance all I could think was, “This guy can not dance but I don’t think he knows that.” I was trying to pay attention to what he was talking about but I kept wondering to my friends and watching their dancing. The song ended and there was that awkward “Thanks for the dance” moment and we walked our separate ways. I went back to my friends and I think we left shortly thereafter.
To be honest I didn’t realize that was Joe until he mentioned it to me after we started dating. I remember the dance but vaguely.
to be continued...
Monday, November 12, 2007
Joe and I Part 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
That cracks me up!!! That is too cute:)
Post a Comment