So, after our first dance you would think that things would have proceeded from that but no. We continued to see each other at Church but Joe thought I was too shy and quiet, and I was too shy (I don’t know about quiet).
The next time I remember interacting with Joe was at a group scripture study. I was lifeguarding at the time and working on Sunday’s and so didn’t see him at church much so this was one of the few things I did with my church friends. I saw him across the room. My heart skipped and I began to try to figure out a way to meet him.
That summer Joe did a lot of work in Canada for his job, so I only saw him that once before the scripture study group fizzled out. I also saw Joe at a few dances. He semi dated one of my friends that eventually moved to Oklahoma. She had a crush on him from high school. They went to prom together. I actually remember her telling me about “her missionary” when I first moved to San Antonio. We joked that we would meet him at the airport with her in a wedding gown and me in a bridesmaid dress. Luckily that never happened. So he was hands off until I found out they broke up and she moved to Oklahoma.
That summer I meet Joe and I’s future matchmaker. Valerie and I meet when I crashed a sleepover at her apartment. It was supposed to be a girl’s night in but we ended up all crashing a party that one of the guys was having since he was complaining that there would be no girls there. I think that was the most fun party I have ever been to. Valerie and I were total goofs breaking out into a huge pillow fight in the middle of the “dance floor” aka living room. From that night on Valerie and I spent most nights at her or my apartment and I become her unofficial roommate. (Miss you Val).
Valerie’s roommate at the time had a huge crush on Joe (I don’t know if Joe realized what a chic magnet he was) and so I didn’t say anything about my crush for a while. Eventually I found out that Valerie and her roommate weren’t getting along. One day Valerie and I went to go window shopping at the mall. I finally got the courage to tell her about my secret crush (I think we were both confessing but I don’t remember who hers was). She got so excited and started jumping up and down saying that we would be perfect together. Little did I know Joe was Valerie’s home teacher and they had a good relationship. Joe was still in Canada at this time.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Joe and I part II
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Kaylynne!! I LOVE reading these little snippets back in time of how you and Joe met!! It is so fun:) Keep them coming!
Thanks Bertie, I was wondering if anyone cared. You should read Pioneer Women's "From Black heels to tractor wheels" or something. She is a much better story teller.
How fun reading about how you and Joe got together. Especially since I was there! Those were such fun times. Did I ever tell you that Joe asked me out before he met you? We were at a dance I think, and I had just moved into San Antonio. I was still going home every weekend to do my church calling until the end of the school year, so I wasn't free for a date for like a month. He probably thought I was making up excuses, but I wasn't. I think he met you about 2 weeks later. You have always been perfect for each other. :) And then, of course, you and Joe helped set up my first date with Doug. What fun!
I LUV IT!!!! I remember jumping up and down and everything! I think I had my hand in a few match making relationships at that time. Bishop Burton said that if he could have a calling for a matchmaker it would have been me! :) I am so happy that I got to be a part of your wedding and so many others back then. I love you Kaylynne! Keep the memories coming, it helps me not miss you so much. Which is hard to do since I miss you tremendously! Take care.
That's so funny Kara, that's exactly what I thought. I've never been a patient person, I just practice on building my tolerance for impatience. That was fun though being part of the push to get you and Doug to date. I'm sure it would have eventually happened, but why wait?
Post a Comment