Today was Robert's 4th birthday Party. He had lots of fun and wants you all to join in his fun. His theme was Shrek. It was a costume party but some of the kids lost their costume by the middle of the party. So, of course I had fun thinking of "Shrek" food. Lets start with the cake. Pretty good if I say so myself.

This is Shrek's dirt pudding with worms.
Shrek also likes to eat eyeballs. (Do you think they look like eyeballs or not really)
And here are the mice. These didn't turn out as well as I had imagined. It is much hard to make chocolate covered strawberries then it looks. Especially when you don't have a double broiler or whatever it is called.
Here is the product of our decorations. We always have grand designs but when it comes down to it we run out of time. We got the colors down though. Besides it was a bunch of boys who could care less.
I learned that planned activities make it easier to control the boys. They had to calm down and then they could go wild again. Less fighting. So, we played pin the tail on the donkey. It is always funny watching 3 and 4 year olds trying to put the sticker on the poster.
We also had a pinata. It was a pull string pinata so less danger.
We borrowed the neighbor's bounce house. This was a great way to get energy out but you didn't want to let the boys play for a long time because then injuries would start popping up.
We decorated gingerbread men. Sorry for those who came they weren't very good. I am still learning how to cook.
And of course Robert blew out his candles. He has been waiting for this part for a few days.
And he got to open presents. He knew one of his presents was Orange turtle (Michalangelo). Do you see the look of excited anticipation on his face.
This present was from the other little boy in the picture. It was cute he thought he got to open and keep the present since it was his present. Gotta love 'em
So, that was Robert's party. I hope you enjoyed the festivites. Robert had a lot of fun. He still gets overwhelmed with crowds but he did better. Now I can rest.


3 comments:
I'm so sorry we missed it, it looks like it was a lot of fun!
Looks like you had a blast making all those fun treats! Way to go! I love the cake.
WOW! Look at you-- that is amazing- all the food looks so good! Way to go girl- and I bet he had the best birthday ever:)
Post a Comment