Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Boerne Dickens on Main Street

There is this cute little town North of us called Boerne. They do a lot of stuff for the holidays and it is always fun to go. So this year we decided to go to Dickens on Main Street. Once again it was cold but we thought we could bundle up and be okay since would would be going in and out of stores after the parade. Little did we know they would have a two hour parade. Before though they had some booths set up in their main plaza. There was a petting zoo. Aaron loved it. He was not scared at all.

Here is Aaron being the trouble maker he is and chasing the ducks. The poor ducks got their exercise for those few minutes while Joe was feeding the animals.


Robert did not like the petting zoo. Him and I went in together after Joe and Aaron. I held the food thinking they would leave Robert to just pet but no they searched him for food too. The goats were as tall as Robert and it freaked him out. I tried to bring them towards me but it didn't work so I had to pretty much throw the food to rescue a now hysterical Robert. Needless to say it happened so fast there are no pictures but it was still an experience.

Then we watched the two hour long parade. It was getting colder and colder and the boys would lose interest in the parade but it was so crowded I felt stuck. Besides as we learned from the Pioneer Woman book signing, I can't leave things when I think they won't take that long even when they do. Who would have thought a small town parade would last longer then the Houston Thanksgiving day parade.
And no I do not know why Robert is wearing sunglasses when it is dark outside other then that he was freezing and trying to cover every inch of himself.

0 comments: