Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Robert's 6th Birthday

Other than Halloween and Christmas, I also love Birthdays. I love to let that weekend be their special time. One of our friends said that they decorate the kitchen at night so it is all decorated when the special birthday person wakes up in the morning. So with the help of my friend's cricuit we made this sign for Robert. We also put streamers on our Guinea pig's cage which Robert thought was funny.


Robert was very excited when he woke up in the morning and saw the sign. It took a while so I think the sign part works better when the special person can read Happy Birthday. He just wanted to know why his name was on the wall so we had to read it to him.


That night Robert decided he wanted to go to Joe's Crab Shack. It was actually a nice night so it worked. We invited our friends to go with us and so the kids mainly just played in the play ground but that is how we have adult conversations. The workers sang to Robert and made him make muscle poses. As you can tell from his expression he didn't really get what they wanted.The next day we had his birthday party at the park. Joe had kept bugging me to make a reservation but I didn't want to have to deal with the trouble. Well, when we got there someone had already claimed the pavilion party with all the tables (which in the end they only used about 3 of the 6 tables they claimed but oh well) and one of the non covered tables had a party set up too. The last table had people sitting and eating lunch, so when they left we moved the set up but in the beginning I just opened up the back of my car and set up there.


I tried to make a cupcake cake. It was kind of hard to ice but other than that it turned out good because then we didn't need any utensils or plates and the kids just grabbed a cupcake when they wanted one.
With Robert in school this year I wanted to be able to invite his school friends and since I don't know who they are yet we invited the whole class. It turned out that only one of his school friends came and the rest were church friends but he didn't mind and he still had a lot of his friends there. Since we invited so many, we did simple. We did it at the park so it was free and then just had cupcakes and a pinata. Robert made me take this picture of him and his friend by the pinata.

Here he is blowing out his candles with every other kids help. Then my camera ran out of batteries. So the kids had fun and that is all that matters. I figure when they get older I need to be more organized but at this point Robert just wants to play with his friends and eat cake so the rest doesn't matter.

0 comments: